Comment with "I wanna play!" and you will be assigned a number between 15-50 of facts for you to share. beeker121 gave me the number 29.
1. Picking up where Beeker121 left off, I've had one root canal and it was a great experience. The pain stopped immediately. It was really awesome.
2. I have an air popcorn popper at work and I eat a lot of plain popcorn.
3. Green tea is my tea of choice right now.
4. I've been playing computer adventure/RPG games since the Adams adventures. I've played every Ultima game (except 7, which is allegedly the best one - damn!), every Wizardry game, was a regular City of Heroes player and am currently mad about World of Warcraft. I also loved the Lucasart games like Sam and Max Hit The Road and Grim Fandango
5. I don't collect comics anymore, but I try to occasionally catch up on my favorite titles via google searches.
6. Most of the fictional stories I write are based on dreams I've had.
7. For my birthday two years ago, my wife gave me a cat fountain. Its maybe my favorite gift ever.
8. Recently, I've been addicted to watching live kitten cams.
9. Watch a lot of porn? Cool! Participate in making porn? As long as everyone enters into the production consensually, awesome!
10. I spend a lot of time reminding myself that you can't know what goes on in another person's head.
11. So, like three years ago, I had a student interested in modeling professionally. I encouraged her to visit the model mayhem site for one of our alumni who was a professional model. I got a "hey, Mr. Michaels, look at this" call and there was the alumni, on her Model Mayhem page, bare ass naked. I don't judge her (in fact, good for her for being comfortable enough to go for it), but I also don't go to Model Mayhem for any reason ever anymore. Traumatized. I don't want to see my grown students naked ever.
12. I think part of the reason why I've had a hard time losing weight is because of job stress.
13. Recently, on Snapchat, I've been posting a series of photos (once a day) on My Story titled "Why can't Joey sleep tonight?"
14. Tobi the cat sleep between my feet. BB sleeps at my wife's feet. The Moose gets chased away by BB if he tries to get on the bed, but if she's asleep, he'll sneak in and sleep between my wife and I, making sure to touch us both.
15. My current World of Warcraft obsession is collecting pets.
16. There's an outstanding bill on my work desk for a lifeguard that I need to process like three weeks ago. I've never let something sit longer than a few hours but I just found it this morning. Sad.
17. I adopted the name Joey Michaels during a comedy bit called "fight on the call board."
18. I am troubled that I can't be myself online without a pseudonym (for fear of being fired). This is not to say I troll, but I worry that if I post about political issues that matter to me, I'm going to offend a parent and they're going to want me axed. I've seen it happen.
19. White male privilege exists and I've benefited from it like crazy.
20. While the confederate flag shouldn't be flown on public buildings, I worry that people are going to think that just because a symbol of racism is down that racism isn't a problem anymore, Systemic suppression and oppression of women, minorities and the LGBT community needs to still be addressed. We in the USA tend to lurch forward as a country and then stall for a few years then lurch forward again.
21. My wife and I have been trying to have a baby for several years, but no luck.
22. I know enough politicians socially to know that a surprising number of them are genuinely dumb people. Even ones I agree with 100% - like just dumb as a box of hammers. Obviously, not all politicians are dumb, but jeez many of these people have been to Ivy league schools and they're just morons. It makes me think of that line in the Wizard of Oz about how there are people just as dumb as Scarecrow who are viewed as smart because they have a diploma. No, man, diplomas don't make you smart.
23. I got a huge raise when I became an administrator but I often don't do any work at all for days and I hate it. I used to get paid less and work more as a teacher but I loved it. And I think the teaching work I did was ultimately infinitely more valuable.
24. I can sing jingju (aka Chinese opera) actually quite well for an amateur.
25. I only write to avoid work. If writing was my work, I'd have to find something else to do to avoid working.
26. When I was in high school, I ordered this catalog of those buttons with rock bands' logos and names on them. I took orders from everyone in my school and like 90% of them were correct. I hope I gave the money back to the other people.
27. I am reasonably sure in retrospect that I broke a couple of my girlfriends' hearts during my early 20's. At the time, I was totally unaware of this fact.
28. I have two dinosaurs on my desk - the same model Wash plays with on Firefly,
29. I still believe I'll win big in the lottery one day.